Monday, March 11, 2013

Long Weekend.

This weekend is a long weekend in Australia, usually i love a long weekend but i had to work.
Kind of sucks when everyone else has three days off and they're going away and enjoying the sunshine and you're stuck in normal routine.
Like my family did.......yep they ditched me and off they went.
Actually it wasn't so bad - it was so nice to come home from work and just plonk myself on the couch with a DVD and a block of chocolate and sleep in (a bit). Oh the serenity!
I did feel it would've been a wasted weekend though if i didn't do something productive (other than sell clothes), so i finished off my little embroidery that i started a while ago that had just been sitting in the cupboard. I have a bad habit of starting something and never finishing it, so it felt so good to finally complete it.
I decided to wrap the embroidery frame in fabric to finish it off, inspired by this talented lady.
It is now hanging on the wall beside my bed.

I found the pattern on this awesome flickr page.  There is literally hundreds of vintage embroidery patterns on there...........so many i want to do! One of my future projects will be embroidering the below design onto a pillowcase.

Source: flickr.com via Malea on Pinterest


How gorgeous is that going to look on a pretty little bed?
So that was my weekend, i now have an ironing basket of clothes to do........now that's one project i would rather avoid! My babies will be walking through the door any minute now and i can't wait to give them all a squeeze! I hope you all had a lovely weekend too. xxx

1 comment:

  1. love love love the embroidery. sorry you were working, but a weekend (even if it is only evenings) ALONE at home can be very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)