Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chocolate Slice.

This is my go-to recipe for when i can't be bothered, but really need to bake something.
It's so quick it literally takes under five minutes to whip up and i always have all the ingredients on hand.
But best of all, everybody loves it! I can't remember where i found this recipe, but it sure is a keeper.


Chocolate Slice
1 cup SR flour
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsps cocoa
125g butter - melted
Method:
Pre-heat oven to mod 180c. Mix all ingredients together. Press down mix nice and firmly in a slice tin. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes. Allow to cool and ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut, if desired.

Do not over cook this slice otherwise the base will come out too hard and crunchy.  
Use your favourite chocolate icing recipe - i make a simple one with melted butter, icing sugar, cocoa and a splash of milk.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.




3 comments:

  1. Love this receipe, I make it all the time.. I think that's what I'll make tomorrow thanks Kristen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need to make something for tennis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So going to try this, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)