Wednesday, January 2, 2013

hello 2013

Farewell 2012, please take with you coloured jeans, earthquakes and that god damn gangnam style song!
And hello to 2013.

I like thirteen, it's my lucky number.....seriously! I have a good feeling about this year.
So, a new year always has me thinking i should be making 'resolutions' - but i think resolutions are made to be broken. So instead i made a list of hopes.
Things i hope to begin, achieve and do.
* Be more creative, sew more, paint, embroider..........create, create, create
* Eat a more healthier diet, more homegrown foods, less processed and eat when only hungry.
* Clean out every cupboard, shelf and drawer in this house and purge, purge, purge!
* Spend less, save more. Think before buying.
*More roadtrips, travelling and exploring with my family.
*Nurture my children's talents and help them explore new things.
* Redecorate our bedroom........introduce light and colour.
* Be more thoughtful and generous........let people know they are special to me.



So there you go, nothing too extravagant - all highly achievable and completely attainable.
What are your hopes for 2013? Have you made a list?

7 comments:

  1. great list, thanks, I may copy a heap of that, definitely achievable, and apart from the children bit, {I only have grown up ones} just about my goals for a new year. My first living alone. Your blog has already given me encouragement. thanks and may '13 be my lucky number too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Lyndel, i hope 2013 is good to you. x

      Delete
  2. i love your hopes list!! so similar to what I hope for 2013! i think this year will be great too...13 is a great number! happy creating, decorating, saving, cleaning, purging and enjoying life! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirteen is a great number! I've made a start on most of my list.......saving may prove to be more difficult than i hoped for this little shopaholic!

      Delete
  3. I didnt do new year resolutions also. I am already making life changes. This is going to be a big year for me too. Bring on 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your 2013 is a good one - you deserve it, and from what i'm hearing your life changes are going fantastic! x

      Delete
  4. Love how you start off this post :)
    and also love your hope list!
    I also gave up on resolutions and prefer to start off a new year with intention (see MY WORD for the year at: http://christywilson.ca/?p=1101 ) and a WISH LIST (which mirrors much of what you also hope for).
    All the best from the other side of the world.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)